McMurray Advanced Dental Implant Provider
Dr. Joseph Gurecka is highly-trained and experienced in the placement of dental implants, as well as being gifted in his ability to produce top-quality prosthetics. Valley Brook Dental provides superior placement and restoration of dental implants in Peters Township, Upper St. Clair, Canonsburg, South Fayette, McDonald, Washington, and all nearby areas.
Dental Implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and offer a fixed solution for removable partial or complete dentures. Implants are artificial roots surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone that provide excellent support and stability. We place a custom restoration on top of the implant, and your final result is a crown, bridge, or denture that genuinely looks and feels natural. Dental implants are strong and durable and will last for many years with proper care. Reasons for dental implants include:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Restore or enhance facial tissues.
- Support a bridge or denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
The Implant Treatment Process – Impressions, Placement & Restorations
Impressions: X-rays and impressions are taken of the jaw and teeth to determine bone, gum tissue, and spacing available for an implant. Here at Valley Brook Dental we avoid the traditional icky goop and use a high-speed intraoral scanner that delivers high-definition, full-color 2D and 3D images. These images produce an extremely accurate HD 3D digital model that is electronically sent to the lab for immediate CAD/CAM fabrication. With this technology, we can produce precise, customized implants, crowns, and bridges in less than a week.
Placement: Next, the implant will be surgically placed into the bone and allowed to heal and integrate itself for three to six months. Dr. Gurecka utilizes some of the most advanced techniques for dental implant placement and bone regeneration to achieve lasting results while simplifying the procedure and increasing the reliability of the treatment. Sometimes a patient with a broken tooth or a fractured root can even have the tooth removed and the implant placed at the same time.
Improved extraction techniques which preserve bone at the removal site and newer implant designs make implant procedures successful, even for patients who have been unable to receive implant treatment before. Dr. Gurecka uses some of the most advanced dental implant systems on the market including the VERSAH® surgical system (osseodensification) which has a unique set of Densah® surgical drills that minimizes bone removal and expands the implant site, eliminating the need for bone substitutes or cadaver bone. With this system, we can also provide incredible opportunities for patients who were not candidates for implants before because of low bone density.
Dr. Gurecka can perform vertical sinus augmentation that implements natural bone grafts to elevate the sinus floor membrane. For these patients, previous implant treatment failed because of inadequate bone to stabilize the implant. With this new technique, the actual sinus floor can be implant lifted or elevated, so your upper molars become candidates for the implant procedure. This gives you the option for fixed, permanent restorations instead of partial dentures or full dentures that use adhesives and tend to move around making eating and speaking difficult and can cause gum tissue damage.
Dr. Gurecka also offers advanced bone grafting techniques using Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), or Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF). This procedure involves using a by-product of your blood, platelets, to initiate and accelerate the healing process. The treatment can be used to accelerate bone growth in the jaw where an implant can then be placed.
Restorations: For the fabrication of dental prosthetics, artificial teeth, and orthodontic appliances we use PMMA – Poly (methyl methacrylate). This transparent glass substitute has many uses, from giant aquarium windows to intraocular lenses implanted in the eye. It is highly biocompatible, reliable, has low toxicity, and can be easy manipulated for a more natural looking restoration. Using CAD/Cam digital design technology we can create a single crown or a whole set of perfect dentures. Our restorations are fabricated using sophisticated technology with custom artistic and natural touches done by hand. This advanced technology allows for heightened control of aesthetics, easy adjustments, and minimal wear against opposing teeth.
Advanced Prosthetic Devices by Dr. Gurecka
Our advanced imaging and digital impressions allow for the crafting of restorations that fit comfortably and look natural. Dental implants support several prosthetics including the following:
- Crowns – to replace an individual tooth with a single implant. Often tooth extraction in the esthetic zone (smile line) can have an implant placed on the same day with a temporary crown attached to eliminate the gap.
- Bridges – to replace several adjacent teeth with two or more implants
- Hybrid Dentures (All on 4)– For patients with missing, broken, or decayed teeth, the All on 4 approach refers to a combined surgical prosthodontic procedure which replaces teeth with a fixed, full arch prosthesis supported by 4-6 implants, often on the same day. The final life-like prosthesis can be acrylic or zirconia which is very strong and durable. The procedure is often described as Same Day Smile or Teeth in a Day.
- Removable Overdentures are another option that provides some additional security for denture wearers and are typically held in place by 2-4 standard or mini implants. These are the easiest and most economical when using snap-on attachments.
Valley Brook Dental Provides Advanced Dental Implant Treatment
With extensive post-graduate training and education, Dr. Gurecka combines digital accuracy with an artistic aptitude to provide high-quality professional implant restorations. Our entire team stays current about the latest in dental innovations, from digital impressions, and guided implant placement to the highest quality restoration material available. For more information about receiving dental implants using advanced technology and individualized custom design call us today!